What happens if Coronavirus means my holiday is cancelled?
We hope that you and your family will stay safe from the virus and be able to have your holiday. Please find some information below on any car rental bookings impacted by the Coronavirus.
After discussion with our suppliers in the USA, the cancellation period has dropped from 48 hours to 24 hours before collection. Notice must be received during our UK office open hours. It is unlikely that your flight will be cancelled with less notice than that due to Coronavirus. But we need to inform your supplier 24 hours before your collection time for a full refund.
For our Worldwide bookings, cancellations within 48 hours that are directly Coronavirus related will just see a £25 admin fee.
As transport hubs, airports are taking highly positive measures to protect the health and safety of passengers and staff. This extract from the LAX website reflects the approach taken in all the airports we reviewed:
Specific actions we have taken include:
- Installing more than 250 additional hand sanitizer stations throughout our terminals at LAX.
- Cleaning our public areas and restrooms at least once per hour.
- Using virus and bacteria-killing disinfectants.
- Increasing deep cleaning throughout the airport, focusing on “high touch” areas at the airport like handrails, escalators, elevator buttons and restroom doors.
- Coordinating with our contracting partners to ensure that their cleaning crews are following the same protocols.
- Adding signage to high-traffic areas, including areas with passengers, with information on how to reduce the spread of illness and symptoms of the coronavirus.
Other websites to help you stay abreast of the latest news and advice:
Also check directly on the website of the airport you are flying to.