Look out for Alamo Max – an upgrade offer available at top airport locations in Florida, California and Nevada. Book your car hire for collection on or before December 31st 2020 Continue reading
Carrying children in our cars is carrying our most precious cargo. We keep them safe at home with car seat laws, and it should be the same when we travel. But, regulations do vary from country to country, and within the United States, the laws vary by individual states. In some states regulations are laxer than the laws at home, in others they are more stringent. Continue reading
Port Everglades is a very popular cruise port, but like other ports, has no on-site car hire collection or drop-off facilities. If you have hired a car that you need to drop off before a cruise, then it is best to drop it at a depot that provides a shuttle service to and from the port. Continue reading
The Sixt Car Rental company offers car hire across the USA since it’s 2012 arrival. Sixt offers a small fleet with a wider variety of cars than may be seen from other, bigger suppliers. The company is often located off airport with courtesy shuttle bus transport.
In many areas of the USA, electronic tolling, or e-tolling, is becoming mandatory on toll roads. Rental cars can use e-tolling, here we tell you how and show you the approximate costs. Continue reading
Take advantage of a complimentary cruise shuttle when using the new location at 710 Mullet Road, for your cruise from Port Canaveral. One way rentals are free within the state of Florida so it is easy to collect your car at an airport and then drop it off here or vice versa. The opening hours at this location are 07.30 – 17.30 seven days a week.
Port Canaveral Tips
A regular traveller through the port has provided the following general tips:
- All Port Canaveral depots are small, desperately busy on embarkation/disembarkation days.
- Business is magnified for Alamo/National/Enterprise customers as the location is shared.
- All depots have limited facilities. Therefore the vehicles can come with limited fuel and are not the cleanest of vehicles.
- No fast check in or vehicle choice, just old-fashioned documentation, licence & credit card in return for keys.
- It is well worth dropping the family off with the luggage first. Have two copies of the boarding form and driver takes his passport. Then the family can at least wait inside the air conditioned terminal for the driver to return.
- On return, let the driver hop off the shuttle bus first (without luggage), so he can get straight to the line.
Cruise guests often have quite a bit of luggage, so you may want to have a look at our vehicle guide to make sure you choose the right car for your trip. Fleetguide